Responsibilities include but are not limited to designing, deploying, supporting and troubleshooting the Linux server and desktop infrastructure; documenting the IT infrastructure, policies and procedures; and performing general user support. Applicants are also expected to participate in after-hours work and an on-call rotation.
All candidates will have
Ideally, candidates will also have
- a Bachelor's or higher degree
- extensive experience designing, deploying and supporting Linux servers and desktops
- a thorough understanding of systems and network protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS) and UNIX/Linux system internals (kernel, drivers, file systems, virtual memory)
- excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- experience deploying and supporting open source and proprietary infrastructure services (DNS, Radius, LDAP, DHCP, NFS, Kerberos, OpenSSL), integrating them into the existing infrastructure, and debugging and patching them
- experience implementing, operating and supporting open source tools for system and security monitoring and management on UNIX/Linux platforms
- knowledge of scripting to automate tasks
East Setauket, NY
To submit resumes or ask questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone inquiries, please.
Renaissance Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.