- among other responsibilities, deploy, support, and troubleshoot the network infrastructure; document the IT infrastructure, policies, and procedures; and perform general user support
- participate in after-hours work and an on-call rotation
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- a degree in a technical field
- a minimum of two years' experience deploying and supporting scalable routed and switched networks
- hands-on experience with enterprise-class routers, switches, and firewalls, including Cisco and non-Cisco equipment
- a good understanding of network and routing protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, OSPF, and BGP)
- excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities, including packet-level traffic analysis
- excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- experience with systems administration in a Linux/Windows enterprise environment (considered a plus)
- experience deploying and supporting open source and proprietary infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, RADIUS, Kerberos) (considered a plus)
- experience implementing, operating, and supporting open source tools for network and security monitoring and management on Linux/Unix platforms (considered a plus)
- knowledge of scripting to automate tasks (considered a plus)
No telephone inquiries, please.
Renaissance Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.