- among other responsibilities, handle user support and back-up, installation, and maintenance of systems; handle emergencies; troubleshoot problems; evaluate software and hardware; design and implement new systems; and support all peripheral systems associated with computing at the organization
- participate in after-hours work and an on-call rotation
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- a degree in a technical field
- experience administering Windows environments (AD/NT)
- experience administering Linux environments (LDAP)
- a thorough understanding of network protocols and fundamentals
- experience with endpoint and network hardening and security best practices
- excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- experience with systems administration in a Linux/Windows enterprise environment (considered a plus)
- experience deploying and supporting open source and proprietary infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Radius, NFS, Kerberos, Mail Transport/Delivery Agents) (considered a plus)
- knowledge of scripting to automate tasks (considered a plus)
No telephone inquiries, please.
Renaissance Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.