The equity analyst is expected to contribute substantially to the work of the Operations team by investigating trade and position breaks, analyzing corporate actions, monitoring financing, and performing counterparty oversight. The role also requires candidates to identify opportunities to streamline current procedures and processes as well as to provide support for all new markets, products, and funds.
- Monitor, analyze, and reconcile trading accounts daily by liaising with prime and executing brokers
Reconcile accounts across counterparties, trading systems, and internal portfolio accounting systems (Advent Geneva) in the following areas:
- account balances and trading related activity–cash, positions (quantity and market value), activity, and dividend accruals/payment
- non-trade related activity–asset servicing/corporate actions, dividends paid, interest, ticket charges & commission postings, and other fees
- financing charges
- Maintain counterparty issue lists, coordinate counterparty review meetings, and manage open issues to closure
- Assist with various projects including but not limited to root cause analysis–identifying issues, recommending solutions, and documenting technical requirements
- Engage with technology and support user testing and implementation of operational improvements
- Improve existing departmental procedures, often in collaboration with the firm's other teams, such as Production Monitoring, Treasury, Accounting, and Tax
- Bachelor's degree in finance, information systems, math, or another analytical or engineering field from a strong academic program
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the financial services field
- Experience preferred from a top-tier multi-strategy investment firm, investment bank, or fund administrator
- Knowledge of the trade lifecycle required and equity derivatives preferred
- Strong data analysis and Excel skills
New York, NY
To submit resumes or ask questions, e-mail email@example.com
No telephone inquiries, please.
Renaissance Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.