East Setauket, NY
- among other responsibilities, design, deploy, support, and troubleshoot the Linux server and desktop infrastructure; document the IT infrastructure, policies, and procedures; and perform general user support
- participate in after-hours work and an on-call rotation
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- a degree in a technical field
- extensive experience designing, deploying, and supporting Linux servers and desktops
- a thorough understanding of systems and network protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS) and UNIX/Linux system internals (kernel, drivers, file systems, virtual memory)
- excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- experience deploying and supporting open source and proprietary infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Radius, NFS, Kerberos, OpenSSL), integrating them into the existing infrastructure, and debugging and patching them (considered a plus)
- experience implementing, operating, and supporting open source tools for system and security monitoring and management on UNIX/Linux platforms (considered a plus)
- knowledge of scripting to automate tasks (considered a plus)
Salary Range: $180,000 - $207,000
No telephone inquiries, please.
Renaissance Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.